Celebrate Halloween with our cheesy pumpkin fondue!!
What You Need:
250g/9oz Eden Cheiftain cheddar grated
1 tspEnglish mustard powder
1 smallgarlic clove, peeled
200ml/7fl oz paleale
Knob of butter
- Put the grated cheddar, cornflour and mustard powder into a bowl and mix together.
- Finely chop garlic and fry in a knob of butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add beer to the pan and bring to a very gentle simmer over a low heat.
- Add cheese, a spoonful at a time, stirring continuously until the cheese melts.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring continually until the sauce is thick and smooth.
Could replace beer with white wine, or for a child friendly version substitute beer with milk.
If you like a little heat, you could add some chili flakes to the sauce – yum!
Serve with bread, crudites, cherry toms or even pickled onions.